Spoon Sports Mono Block Caliper Set - 4 POT
Spoon calipers are manufactured by Nissin, the OE supplier of all Honda brakes. The Spoon twin-block caliper was developed over a year specifically for the EK9 Civic Type R and DC2 Integra Type R. For the S2000, Spoon designed the mono-block caliper, using a one piece construction improved rigidity, derived from the OEM Acura RL Caliper.
Spoon calipers are direct fit and are designed to work with the stock brake system, including the ABS.
Spoon calipers use stock Honda size brake pads, which gives users incredible flexibility in choosing pads. The 4-pot calipers significantly improve both high speed braking and brake pedal feel and its consistency during track use thanks to their rigid 1-block design. The 4-pot pistons makes pad wear more even and minimizes rotor warpage thanks to the offset piston sizes. The aluminum construction also helps reduce unsprung weight significantly. These benefits are achieved while maintaining a stock feel for daily driving.
* The monoblock version is recommended for newer generation Honda's ( can be converted for other applications at your own risk ): 02-06 RSX Type-S (DC5), 02-05 JDM Civic Type-R (EP3 -5 lug), 06-11 Civic Si (FA5/FG2/FD2), 04-08 TSX (CL7), and S2000 (AP1/2).
Monoblock calipers (front mount type) also fit previous generation Type-R 5-lug vehicles.
- 96-00 JDM Civic Type-R and 97-01 Integra-R but requires an 11.8"/300mm rotor upgrade
- Caliper shimming may be required to center calipers.
- Wheel spacers may be required depending on rim design
- 4-Piston Design
- Includes mounting brackets & hardware
- Uses OEM size brake pads (S2000)
- Significantly improves high speed braking
- Increased pedal feel
- Minimizes rotor warpage
- Aluminum construction reduces unsprung weight